Bigger growing operations require a large heating mat! While not necessary during summer, this heating mat will allow you to maximize the yields of your magic mushroom grow kit in colder situations… Magic mushrooms are very sensitive to various environmental changes, the temperature being one of the most important among them all. That’s why if you want to grow your mushrooms in a place where there can be various temperature changes – you must use a heating mat! This heating mat is designed to fit most magic mushroom growing kits and will serve you for a really long time.
Growing your own psychedelic mushrooms have never been this easy! This magic mushroom growkit contains a completely colonized substrate, a grow bag, and paperclips – it’s everything you need to grow your own magic mushrooms at home.
- Prepare your work area, to make sure it is sterile before you remove the growkit from the box – make sure you washed your hands with disinfecting soap and the surface you will be working is clean (for best performance, we recommend using sterile gloves and alcohol wipes to disinfect the area).
- Take the grow kit out from the cardboard box, clean outside of the growkit with a clean cloth (or alcohol wipe) to make sure there no contaminants.
- Open the lid of the growkit, but don’t throw it away – you will need it later.
- Take a clean fork (preferably disinfected) and make some holes in the substrate. Be gentle, but make sure you break the top layer fully (6-8 rows of holes is enough) as this will help the water to be more easily absorbed by the growkit.
- Fill up the growkit with room temperature water (to lower the risk of contamination You can use distilled or demineralized water). After You made sure that the growkit is filled to the top, put the plastic lid back on.
- Let the growkit soak in room temperature for 2-4 hours (12 hours maximum).
- After you disinfected your hands again, open the lid a little bit, and pour out all the water from the growkit.
- Take the bag that was in the cardboard box and put the growkit inside.
- Gently pour some water into the bag in a way that water is outside of the growkit but inside the bag. ~2cm of water outside the growkit is enough.
- Fold the top of the bag a couple of times and secure it with the paperclips that were in the cardboard box. Make sure no air is going in/out through the top of the bag.
- Place the growkit in a place that doesn’t have direct sunlight, but still has light (lamp can work also). Make sure it’s not close to a heater or another heat source. Make sure the temperature stays around 20-25°C.
- Two times a day, open the bag to let some oxygen in by flapping the bag a little bit. Make sure you don’t contaminate the inside of the bag with this process.
- You can expect to see the first mushrooms after 7-21 days.
- The mushrooms have to be harvested just before the “skin” underneath the caps starts to break apart. To harvest the mushroom, take it with clean hands and move it gently to the right, to the left while gently pulling it up.
- When you harvested all the mushrooms, repeat the whole process to receive one more flush (the only difference is – this time, don’t use the fork and don’t break the growkit before soaking it!). Based on the conditions and luck, you can expect up to 3-4 flushes from one growkit.