The correct Mushroom dosage mainly depends on the effects you want to have. In this example, we assume that you plan to use fully dried mushrooms. You can also use our magic mushroom dosage calculator to determine the amount of Magic Truffles / Magic Mushrooms .
There are 4 amounts to ingest Magic Mushrooms, each with their own effect;
- Micro (microdosing – no noticeable effects)
- Low (very minimal psychoactive effects)
- Medium (normal set of effects)
- Strong (ranging from a full-on trip to a hero trip )
In this example we assume that you weigh 60 to 80kg and that you are average when it comes to psilocybin / psilocin sensitivity. We will give some tips if you weigh more or less or if you feel that you are more or less sensitive to magic mushrooms.
So based on averages, these are the suggested dosages of dried magic mushrooms:
- For a microdose – 0.1 to 0.25 grams of dried mushrooms.
- For a light trip (low dose) – about 1 gram of dried mushrooms.
- For a normal trip – 1.5 to 2 grams of dried mushrooms.
- For a full trip (strong) – 2 to 3 grams of dried mushrooms.
- For a hero trip – 2.5 to 4 grams of dried mushrooms.
Before proceeding with how to decrease/increase a dose based on various factors remember; that you should take these doses on an empty stomach with a minimum of 3 to 4 hours of no food. If you can fast for 10 to 12 hours before that, that’s even better. Also, at these recommended doses, it is assumed that you have not taken psychedelics for 2 to 4 weeks.
When it comes to sensitivity, there is no direct answer, so try to build yourself up slowly. Be especially careful if you know that you are sensitive to many other substances (weed, alcohol, etc.). We recommend that you do not take more than 1 to 1.5 grams on your first attempt. Through a number of experiences with Magic Mushrooms you will eventually know the perfect dosage that suits you.