Learn everything there is to know about magic truffles. Below you will find information about magic truffle effects, dosages, different types of magic truffles, how they are different from magic mushrooms and much more!
Table of Contents
What are magic truffles?
Magic Truffles, also called Psilocybin Truffles, Philosopher Stones or Sclerotia, contain psychoactive alkaloids psilocybin and psilocin. These substances are what make you trip or go into a psychedelic experience.
Differences between magic truffles and magic mushrooms
Magic Truffles and Magic Mushrooms are very related and can have the same effects on people who take them. That’s because they both contain the same set of psychoactive compounds such as psilocybin.
There are a couple of differences between Magic Mushrooms and Magic Truffles. Those differences come in two categories: growing and dosing.
Magic Truffle dosing compared to Magic Mushrooms
Those who never tried magic truffles, but have experience with magic mushrooms, can be lost when it comes to dosing comparison of the two. To make a long story short, because magic truffles are less potent and are usually consumed fresh, you have to take significantly more of them, when compared to magic mushrooms.
This would mean that if you had experienced a magic mushroom trip after taking 2-3 grams of dried magic mushrooms, you could get a similar experience from 15-20 grams of fresh magic truffles. That’s why most magic truffles come in packaging of 10, 15, 20 or 22 grams. This usually means that one package of magic truffles should be consumed by a single user, depending on the experience they are expecting to get.
Read more about the correct dosing of magic truffles at the end of this article or use our convenient dosing calculator to determine the right dosage for you.
Magic Mushroom growing compared to Magic Mushrooms
In short, magic mushrooms and magic truffles are just different parts of the same organism. That organism consists of three main parts: mycelium, fruiting body (magic mushroom) and sclerotia (magic truffle).
If the environmental conditions (substrate) are perfect for fungi to grow, the mycelium will grow upwards and magic mushrooms will sprout. If the conditions are not optimal, the same organism can decide to store energy and wait for better conditions, which will lead to magic truffle (sclerotia) formation underground.
Sclerotia acts like a water and nutrient “bank” that collects and stores resources until the conditions for growing magic mushrooms are better. That’s why both magic mushrooms and magic truffles have the same psychoactive compounds.
Different magic truffle types
When you decide to find a smartshop that sells magic truffles, you will soon realize there are many different kinds (strains) of magic truffles circulating in the market. These magic truffle strains can differ in potency, taste, looks and main uses.
Here’s a list of the most popular magic truffle types that you can order from Smartific today. If you decide that one of these suits your needs the best, feel free to follow the links to get more detailed info about each of the strains. We will first list these strains according to popularity, then sort them in a line-up based on strength.
- High Hawaiians
- The strongest available magic truffle kind there is and very popular amongst experienced psychonauts. High Hawaiians are not only the most powerful and trippy magic truffle strain possible, they are also the only ones sold in packages of 22 grams. This makes High Hawaiians the most popular magic truffle choice for those seeking a complete and super strong psychedelic experience. These truffles are not suitable for beginners.
- One of the most popular magic truffles strains amongst both experienced and first-time users. That’s because Atlantis magic truffles are in the gold spot with medium effects in terms of their trippiness. You get visuals, altered mind space, giggles, warm fuzzy feeling and everything you can expect from a magic truffle trip. That’s why they are sold in 10, 15 and 20 gram packs, so everybody can pick the right dosage for them. Suitable for beginners who want to experience everything magic truffles have to offer.
- Dutch Dragons
- One of the most popular magic truffles strains loved by experienced psychonauts. Dragon’s Dynamite magic truffles are on the stronger side of the spectrum, but still a little less strong when compared to High Hawaiians. Those who have plenty of tripping experience usually pick Dragon’s Dynamite if they want a strong trip. Not suitable for beginners.
- All the music lovers just love MushRocks magic truffles. They are in a similar strength range with Atlantis, yet MushRocks are known to be a little bit more trippy when comparing the two. Most of that extra trippiness comes from their unique effects on how you perceive music and other sounds around you. This makes these truffles perfect for music festivals! Can be recommended for first-time users, only if you are feeling extra confident and excited about your first-ever psychedelic experience.
- Dutch Dragons
- Limited edition orange magic truffles that were created to celebrate King’s Day. They only come in 15 gram packaging which makes them a perfect party truffle. If you have some tripping experience, but don’t want to go all the way this time – Dutch Dragons magic truffles are the right choice.
- Weakest magic truffles there are. Tampanensis Philosopher’s Stone magic truffles will provide you with a very personal and mild psychedelic experience, which makes them a perfect truffle for those seeking less trippy feelings and more spiritual or meditative experiences. Can be picked up by beginners, but most commonly used for more soul searching-based practices.
- Ultimate beginner magic truffle! Especially if you feel a bit cautious about your first ever magic truffle trip. Mexicana magic truffles are one of the most gentle magic truffle strains out there. Expect a warm fuzzy feeling inside, loads of giggles and a minimal amount of visuals. Being afraid to trip for the first time is normal, so those who want to try just a bit of tripping without getting overwhelmed by magic truffles, always choose Mexicana as their first-ever magic truffle. Best beginner magic truffle there is!
Magic truffle ranking
Let’s rank all the magic truffles in the order of strength!
- Dutch Dragons
- Dragon’s Dynamite
- High Hawaiians
Now let’s group them into beginner magic truffles and experienced user truffles, plus add a sentence on when you should choose them.
Beginner magic truffles:
Mexicana – the best choice for the first mild trip of your life.
Tampanensis – the best choice if you want your first experience to be as spiritual as possible.
Atlantis – best magic truffle choice if you want to have a nice trip with some visuals.
MushRocks – the best first-time choice if you don’t like to test the water before you jump in.
Magic truffles for experienced users:
Dutch Dragons – the best choice if you want a relaxed trip with nothing too crazy.
Dragon’s Dynamite – the best choice if you want a strong and full tripping experience.
High Hawaiians – best magic truffle choice if you want the strongest possible tripping experience.
How to use magic truffles?
Now that we learned about types and suggested user cases of each magic truffle, let’s see how you should use magic truffles. Magic truffles come fresh in vacuum-sealed packaging and should be stored in the fridge after you receive them.
Before your magic truffle trip, you can’t eat anything for at least 2-4 hours. For the best results, some people even fast for up to 10-24 hours or even more. This is because magic truffle effects can be deactivated by glucose (sugar) in your stomach and bloodstream. Which is a good thing to know if you want to stop your trip early – just eat as much sugary and calorie-rich foods as you can. A great practice is to get your trip stopper with each pack you buy. You most likely won’t need it, but it’s good to know that you are prepared if your trip takes an unexpected turn.
Eating magic truffles
Open the vacuum-sealed package, put a couple of truffles inside your mouth and chew them for as long as you can. Then repeat the process as many times as you need, until you ate all of your desired dose. Take your time and don’t rush, even though the taste of magic truffles can be described as not pleasant at all. Don’t try to swallow them faster, it’s better if you chew them until nothing is left. This way you will be at a lower risk of having a stomach ache and the effects can start earlier. Even if the taste is gross, it’s better to chew magic truffles now, than letting your stomach fight them later. Your future self will thank you for all your hard work chewing them. Drink only water if you need to, you can’t eat magic truffles with other foods or milky-sugary beverages.
Magic truffle effects
The first effects of magic truffles can be noticed 30-60 minutes after you eat them. This can vary based on your personal metabolism, tolerance, weather, dosage and strength of the truffles you took.
Personal effects and experiences can differ but expect the effects to come in waves and the whole experience to last roughly 3-6 hours. The most common effects of magic truffles are the same as a magic mushroom trip, so be prepared for:
- Strengthened emotions (both good and bad)
- Visuals (objects around you are breathing and are more vivid in color)
- Altered and mixing senses (smell colors and other crazy stuff)
- Introspective thinking (your mind starts bombarding you with answers to questions you have)
- Mood changes (uncontrollable laughter, energy or laziness)
- Disorientation (talking to strangers or navigating can be difficult)
- Nonduality (feeling connected to everything)
- Other crazy stuff (different situations and different trips can bring different experiences)
That’s why it is important that you are ready for your experience and know what to expect. Read our full guide on the best tripping advice if you want to learn more!
Choosing the right magic truffle dose
The main problem with using magic truffles or any other psychedelic is that if you take too much… It can be the worst experience in your life and will make you forever scared of trying them again. Then again, if you take too little you might not feel anything, so you could feel ripped off and have a fake notion that magic truffles don’t work on you.
What makes it even more confusing is that there are just so many different details to factor in when picking the right amount. Things like weight, weather, place, metabolism, last trip time and many others come into play when choosing the right magic truffle dosage.
Overall, the dosing of magic truffles goes something like this:
- 0.5-2 grams – microdose, with no noticeable effects
- 7-12 grams – easy tripping experience
- 14-17 grams – normal or medium tripping experience
- 18-22 grams – full-on crazy trip
- 25+ grams – hero dose with possible out of body experiences
The dosages above take into account an average user with average weight and metabolism. If you think you weigh very little or are a big person, you might need to lower or raise your magic truffle dosing dramatically.
That’s why we created a magic mushroom and magic truffle dosing calculator! It’s a very simple tool that allows you to pick the right magic mushroom dose based on your weight. That way you can be more sure that the amount of magic truffles you took is correct. After the first couple of experiences in bigger and smaller amounts, you will be able to choose your next dosages based on the personal preferences you might have.
Microdosing magic truffles
With the world science community researching possible psychedelic use cases as various medical treatments, many people start to experiment with microdosing psychedelics. Microdosing is a way of using tiny amounts of magic truffles (0.5-1.5 grams) in order to make you more creative, feel motivated and have less stress.
Because the amount of psilocybin you need is very low, magic truffles are even better for microdosing than magic mushrooms or LSD could ever be. The main goal of microdosing is to live a better life without actually feeling any effects that are connected to the tripping experience. You can get your best magic truffle microdosing pack here!